Balcony Gal




Animation Instagram

In preparation for culmination of my cross course collaboration project, I have created myself a dedicated instagram account for my art and animation. I realised I needed this when I was asked to give them my instagram handle for their business cards.


I have now linked this on my website. A problem I need to address is to make sure my videos have thumbnails by adding a single frame to the start of my videos, because those black squares look dreadful.



Report Layout

My proposed layout for my proposal follows this format:

Chapter One: What’s already known about creating for the format?

  • Research the conventions established so far in VR storytelling
  • Establish a vocabulary
  • Try out some VR products and note what makes them good

Chapter Two: Apply that knowledge and make an ‘experience’

  • Record all the choices made on the design of the product through all stages of priduction
  • Record all the problems faced and how they were addressed

Chapter 3: How successful is my product?

  • Is it a quality product?
  • How has the product been received?
  • Have I applied my knowledge from the research stage successfully?
  • What isn’t successful about it?


This is a rough idea of how I think the report could work.

Update 27th April

Unfortunately, with the struggle of getting our new render-man background to work, we submitted a fairly shoddy update.

What we did manage to convey is how the updated building and 3D camera are begining to shape up. I managed to put the assets I have so far into the clip I submitted but didn’t have any time to mask them to appear behind the windows.

In the next few days, I need to create the rest of my assets, namely the washing line, woman and towers in the background. Hopefully I’ll have these ready for the new background render after the weekend.

3D Camera Update

With Jon’s feedback today, Emily and I realise that we need to add more movement to the 3D camera. There are too many still shots which totally neglect the fact that we’re using 3D space. In every appropriate place, Emily and I will add a little bit of gliding to still shots to create a bit more depth in the piece.

Website V2

Website V2.png

Here’s version two. I’ve added a little characterful illustration up top and included my specialisation. I’ve re-jiggled my work so it’s bigger and takes up a little more space.


Website About V2

Here’s the new about that sells myself a little more with an added paragraph. I’ve also added the logos of the softwares I’m proficient in.

Website Contact V2

Contact now has links to my two big social medias, instagram and YouTube.

Standard Edit

Uniform Project.PNG

Today I created a base project for the entire group to work from. It has the 3D camera and Maya render ready-synced up with the audio. I’ve also left a placeholder asset as a locator in each person’s project so putting their assets into 3D space isn’t too much hassle, like it can be finding the first time.

Website v1

Website v1

Here’s the first version of my website. I’ve put my showreel as the header piece and a selection of my finest work in rows below.

Website About V1

My about page has a short goofy bio inspired by one I saw in my research. I feel that particular person may have earned the right to write something so goofy with his exceptional portfolio but I’m doing it anyway.Website Contact V1

I’ve seen this done on the contact page more than once, even on my cousin’s website. I think it’s simple and effective but we’ll see about that.

I really like the minimalist approach I’ve taken with this but I feel I need to beef it up a bit with some more detail about me.